As one of the Southeast’s quirkiest, fun, family-friendly events, this is the perfect way to start your holiday season here in the Poultry Capital of the World!
The Downtown Square will be alive with the holiday spirit including open houses in downtown businesses, live music, entertainment, the grand LIGHTING OF THE CHICKEN and SNOW!
- Kiddy Train Rides at Roosevelt Square
- Carriage Rides at Bradford/Washington Street
- Coca Cola Bear at Roosevelt Square
- Open Houses in Historic Buildings, with sales, live music, and refreshments
- Roosevelt Square: Visitor’s Center open house, s’more stations, local music stage
5pm: Santa Arrives on a Fire Truck. (Santa gets on truck on Maple/Spring St, rides up spring street, turns left on Bradford Street, left on Washington, exits, and the fire truck goes down Washington St to exit the event.)
5-8pm: Photos with Santa on the Square
6:45pm: Lighting of the Chicken Ceremony Begins, with Mayor Sam Couvillon, Coca Cola Bear. Vocalist Lainie Ewers, Brenau University alum
7pm: The Chicken is Lit! (Snow machines start)
7- 8pm: Open Houses continue with photo opportunities downtown.
The Whole Family!
Just Show Up!