Summer is almost here and many swimming pools are opening on May 1st!
Make sure your child is ready to enjoy the pool this summer with British Swim School North East Atlanta’s swimming lessons for kids. Their lessons run year-round and are conveniently located for kids and their families in Johns Creek, Duluth, Suwanee, Norcross, Peachtree Corners and the surrounding areas of North East Atlanta.
For nearly 40 years, British Swim School has been dedicated to teaching water survival skills to children as young as three months old. Following the mantra, ‘Survival of the Littlest,’ we are dedicated to teaching water survival skills to individuals of every age and ability.
British Swim School has formed corporate partnerships with Hope Floats Foundation, Stop Drowning Now and the United States Swim School Association, three organizations that share our mission to protect every life from drowning though education and water safety awareness. Together, we aim to significantly reduce the number of drowning incidents, not only in North America, but around the world.
British Swim Schools offer swimming lessons for babies, children, and adults, focusing first on water survival skills needed to survive a water accident before moving onto stroke development and more advanced skills.
What Kids Learn in Swimming Lessons
Interested in swimming lessons from British Swim School North East Atlanta, but not sure where to begin? We split our class levels by a combination of age and ability, and students advance automatically when they meet the goals of their current level. Here’s a brief overview of our program:
- Tadpole: This parent-assisted class for infants and toddlers 3-36 months old focuses on water acclimation, assisted back floating, and full gentle submersion.
- Swimboree: Swimmers who meet the goals of Tadpole move up to Swimboree. Also a “parent and me” class, goals for Swimboree include beginner water survival and the ability to separate from their parent.
- Seahorse: This class is for toddlers 18-36 months who meet the goals of Swimboree. Students work on independence in the water, including underwater rollovers and back floats.
- Starfish: This is our beginner class for kids three and up. Goals include full submersion, supported back floats, and basic water survival exercises used in later class levels.
- Minnow: Kids who meet the goals of Starfish move up to Minnow. Students focus on beginner water survival techniques and work on goals that include elementary backstroke, and safe entry and exit from the pool.
- Turtle 1 & 2: Students in Turtle 1 concentrate on advanced water survival, swim stroke basics, and side breathing. Turtle 2 classes focus on advanced stroke techniques and correct arm, leg, and breathing coordination. Goals include swimming backstroke and freestyle for 20 yards, and treading water for one minute.
- Shark 1 & 2: In Shark 1, students perfect their stroke technique and will be able to swim all four swim strokes for 25 yards when they are ready to advance. Shark 2 students increase speed and stamina in the water and will meet the goals of the class when they can swim 50 yards in all four swim strokes.
- Adult lessons: For ages 18 and up, we offer adult swimming lessons geared towards the abilities and goals of each student.
No matter which class level your kids start in, they’ll learn age-appropriate water safety and swimming skills while having a blast. Our lessons are goal-based, with five goals for each class level. When students master the objectives of their current level, they automatically advance without needing to wait for a new session to begin.
Whether you’re looking for swimming lessons for an infant, toddler, tween, or teen, our lessons for kids are the perfect fit.
Ready to get started? Enroll in swim lessons with British Swim School North East Atlanta today by calling (770) 400-9663. Our swim lessons are available to kids and adults of all ages and abilities in Johns Creek, Suwanee, Norcross, Peachtree Corners, Duluth, and the surrounding GA communities.
Be Sure To Tell Businesses Featured in our Newsletter That Macaroni Kid Sent You ... And Tell ALL of Your Friends!
Macaroni Kid is a FREE Local, Family Event Calendar, weekly e-newsletter, and website that is packed full of events, festivals, fairs, story times, camps and awesome local family fun. We proudly serve families in Duluth, Norcross, Suwanee, Johns Creek, Peachtree Corners and beyond!!
Sign-up for FREE by clicking HERE.