April 29, 2012
- Notes from the Editor
- Mac and Say "Cheese"!!
- Win 4 TIX to The Imagination Movers on May 19th
- WIN: 4 Gwinnett Braves Vouchers!
- WIN: 4 Tix to Jelly Beans & More with Miss Tara
- Win 2 TIX TO THE ATLANTA BABY AND CHILD EXPO
- WIN: Quiet Time EP by Miss Gail
- Camp Directory
- Getting Your Kids Started with Organized Sports
- Bridgeway Christian Academy Invitation
- Treetop Quest at Discover Mills!!
- McDaniel Farm Hosts Pioneer School Day
- Whistle Stop Farmers Market Opens Tuesday, May 1st
- May 5th is FREE Comic Book Day!!
- Adorable Adoptable
- Want a Garden but Don't Have the Room?
- Easy Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- Date Night and Girl's Night Out Events
- Vacation Bible Schools
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Macaroni Kid's 2012 Preschool Directory is Here!
- Kids Eat Free (or Cheap!)
- Homeschoolers Only
- The Local Pros
- Children's Art in the Park May 5&6
- Remember, if you don't subscribe you can't win!!
- Want more Macaroni?
- Would YOU like to become a Macaroni Kid Publisher?
PO the gentle giant
This precious boy is named PO. Po is a Great Pyrennes mix who is between 1-2 years old. He is like a large panda teddy bear – so fluffy and wonderful – and just adores being petted and receiving attention from his family.
PO is truly a gentle, sweet giant who would never hurt a living soul! When he came to Angels Rescue, PO was around 60 lbs., too skinny and in an emaciated condition for his breed. Since his foster Mom has been feeding him special food, PO has gained eight pounds and has blossomed into the beautiful boy and that he truly is!
PO was barely living in a shelter, was very depressed – to the point that he wouldn’t and couldn’t move when Angels came to rescue him. It was very sad to see and the shelter workers agreed that poor PO had given up being rescued. They told Angels the former owners had been contacted when PO was brought in as a stray. They didn’t want him back, saying PO was only a “pasture dog” and not worth much. How very sad for PO, but Angels rescued him that day, got him seen by the vet, and into a wonderful, safe, loving foster home so he could learn how it really feels to be loved and wanted and part of a real family.
When PO was rescued, he had a bad case of kennel cough but with medicines and his foster’s loving care, PO was able to recover and start on his path to being an Angel’s rescue! The fosters realized PO had never known what true love was because he was literally scared to look at anyone and wasn’t familiar with things like cuddling andbeing loved physically. Now, he adores having his head scratched and his belly rubbed!
PO is a very gentle soul, very sweet and unassuming, who has excellent house manners and is house trained. He gets along wonderfully with his other foster brothers and sisters. Since PO’s breed is used to being outside, he truly prefers to be able to go outside and needs a big, fenced-in yard to play in and to “guard” in. Great Pyrs are famous for their “guarding” abilities over their homes, yards and families. It doesn’t mean they are a threat to anyone – they just prefer to be able to be in a position to protect their family and home, if needed.
One thing you should know about PO: he should never be crated, as it scares him and causes great anxiety for him. Since he has excellent manners inside the home and does great with a doggie door and a fenced yard, there should never be any reason to crate this wonderful boy. The only thing he truly needs is to find his forever home and family! Won’t YOU consider adopting this wonderful, fluffy teddy bear??
Po is vetted, micro-chipped, neutered, up-to-date on routine shots, and immediately available for adoption through Angels Among Us Pet Rescue. If interested in adopting Po, or finding out more about him, please visit our website, www.angelsrescue.org[email protected]www.facebook.com/angelsrescue
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC